The Velocitek ProStart has revolutionized how competitive sailors start races. As well as providing a simple way to measure distance-to-line, the ProStart shows speed and course over ground in a compact, easy-to-use instrument.
- Countdown Timer – Comprehsive countdown timer with SYNC feature
- Maximum Speed Recall – Recall your session’s absolute maximum and best 10 second average speed
- GPS Data Logging – ProStart constantly records your speed, heading and position to keep a running log of your most recent 30 hours of sailing
- Waterproof – Tested to IPX-8
- Mount the prostart anywhere– ProStart comes with a mounting cradle
- Race Mode -Displays heading, speed and wind shift indicator, updated twice a second
- Start Mode -Displays timer, distance-to-line and distance-to-line bar graph, updated twice a second
Once you’ve pinged both ends of the line, the ProStart uses the latest WAAS-augmented GPS technology to spit out an accurate distance to line measurement twice a second.
Sailing World called the ProStart “Possibly the greatest electronic racing gadget of this decade,” and Practical Sailor gave it their prestigious Editor’s Choice award.
Ideal for the J70 Class